I love the website 43things, I’ve been using it for years and it really helps me focus on getting things done that I want to do. From ‘run a 5k’ to ‘buy a house’, from ‘create my own website’ to ‘be a more conscious consumer’. On it you can also post your resolutions for the new year. I don’t usually have new year’s resolutions, but this year things have to change and I have to take matter into my own hands. So for 2011 I have a resolution to take over the world, creatively that is. On my list has been the goal ‘be a creative professional’ and this is the year I must really do something about it.
So this year I must focus on:
1) Do more photography and get paid assignments (that includes the course I want to give)
2) Make more music and actually go out there with it, perform!
3) Think about starting an art gallery online. That would be awesome! And it’s a place where I can sell my own art as well.
4) Which reminds me: make more art! Paint more!
5) Create more, use my skills! I can sew, knit, crochet, why not make little things that I can sell? (Bags, wallets, that sort of thing.) I like making it, so I have to do it more this year!
Let’s make 2011 the best year ever!